Saturday 5 September 2015

MP 18B






       Hello ladies and gentlemen, today I'm going to make a short review for the latest MP release, MP-18B Bluestreak. He is basically a repaint of our MP-18. He does not came out in any G1 series and this character never existed. He is basically following the colors of Diaclone variant of Bluestreak/Silverstreak. Well I understand Takara Tomy is trying to milk every dollar TF collectors have in their pockets, but the color looks really amazing on the MP-18 mold. Time and time again, I told myself not to go for repaints, but I fail again and again, LOL.






Here's a picture of the Diaclone I got from the internet.






Here we have the MP-18B box. Basically its the same design and size for MP cars.


At the back of the box, we have him lined up with other Nissan Fairladys in alternate mode rather then showing him coming out of Prime's trailer. 


A little close up.


Here we have his instruction manual.


Not forgetting his collector's card.


Whats interesting is that his position and stats are listed as unknown. Well, If he didn't really exist in the show, I guess we won't really know who he is and what he is capable of.


Here he is out of the box. Good thing that Takara Tomy decided to add in 2 shoulder canons so that collectors won't have to run around buying those as upgrades.


Here we have a look at his design from the top. So basically he is a repaint of Silverstreak's mold and the blue and silver color does blend harmoniously together. I think it looks great.








His shoulder canons can be fitted to either sides of his alternate mode.


And as usual, his blaster can be fitted on top of his alternate mode like the other MPs






Just a little side by side comparison review with his brother, the original MP-18
Well I don't have possession of the silver bluestreak so I'm unable to do a comparison for them.










Here we have MP-18B in robot mode. As a whole, the color looks good on him and he does catch my eye. Good thing that his shoulder canons are not chrome, otherwise they would oxidize like the add-ons we have for MP-17 and 18.






Here we have him side by side with MP-17 Prowl. Another interesting thing I've notice in this figure is that they used Prowl's Head-sculpt instead of MP-18's head-sculpt. So basically we have Prowl's head on Bluestreak/Silverstreak's body.








Well, I guess they do look good together.




Last but not least, posing time!









Summary: A must have if you're a perfectionist MP collector to get all the molds LOL. If you're only aiming for only original G1 characters then probably you'll give this a skip. If you have a limited budget, would advice to spend it on upcoming releases like Tracks and Ironhide. Well, I got him because the different painting of silver and blue really looks good on this mold. Honestly, he did kind of exceeded my expectation for a repaint.


Thank you for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment