Thursday 10 July 2014

Hasbro Transformers generation Legend class: Swerve and Flanker


        Hello and good day. Today I'm writing a review on a product by Hasbro, Swerve and Flanker! Well they do come in pair, so I'll just review both of them. Honestly I'm not so familiar with both these characters, but obviously Flanker is a micromaster for his size. As for Swerve, he is basically a bubbly Autobot who talks a lot, has high intelligence, good in analyzing materials but bad in fights. ( From what I found out on the net ) Well the reason I got him is that I find him very cute haha. I mean just looks at him, with his smiley face and  mini size, and he is cheap too, selling for about 10$ or about RM 40-50.


Swerve and Flanker's Packaging. This is the back part. Contains some nice bio regarding both of them.


Here they are out of the box. I think they look nice. 


Swerve as a whole looks very cool, head to body and limb ratio is nicely done. Love the detailing too. His paint job is well done too, not bad!


Side view for Swerve.


Back view.


Like the smirk on his face, haha. Looks kinda cool.


His shoulder is on a ball joint. He can rotate 360 degrees but abduction and adduction is limited.


Abduction is about 0-60 degrees.


Elbow joint.


Minimal head movements for Swerve. He can't look side to side, but he can move his head up and down with some limitations.




He has no hip articulations, but he can perform a perfect split.


Although he is small, but his articulation and stability is way better than I've expected.


His hip extension.


Knee flexion and hip extension allows him to do a lot of poses.


Here he is in his alternate mode. He is basically a pick up truck, and I think he looks good in alternate mode too.


Top view. As you can see, there is a place for Flanker to peg in.


Side view.


Back view



And here is Flanker in his alternate mode. Its a simple design, not too bad.




Here is Flanker in robot mode. Transformation is very simple and he has very simple articulation.


His only articulation are his shoulders, which rotate 360 degrees. He has no other rotations.




Flanker transforms into a weapon for Swerve, and I guess this makes him a triple changer :) and he can be fitted above Swerve's truck mode.


I think they look cool together.


Swerve can hold Flanker in either one of his hand.


"You're comming down, Decepticon!"



Here he is with MP-10.


As a summary, he is a much better figure than I've expected for his price. Simple yet fun to play with. Decent articulation, good paint job, decent plastic quality. He has simple and straight foward transformation. I really wish he at least have some waist and head articulation which will make him a much posable figure. Well, for his price, I can't ask for too much. Probably a better birthday present for your kids as a starter transformers toys than MP's or other 3rd party lol.


Thanks for reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment